Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Cloisters.

A couple of weeks ago I travelled on the A train to north Manhattan to visit the truly breathtaking Cloisters Museum & Gardens. This is a unique architectural amalgam museum made up of five medieval French monasteries set in the beautiful Fort Tryon Park.



The West Terrace provides magnificent views of the Hudson River unlike
any other vantage point in Manhattan. Its so peaceful.

And its filled with stunning art and artifacts. Here's just a few examples...








If you have never been, I urge you to go. You will not be disappointed, I promise you.
In fact, I lost myself so completely in my surroundings that I actually found it difficult to convince myself that I really hadn't been transported to South of France.

That is all.
x Shivers

No comments: