Friday, July 4, 2008

The Met Life Annex & Brooklyn Bridge

Yesterday, I spent the whole afternoon strolling around the glorious city of New York and ended my day with, not just a few photo's but a tan to boot.

The Met Life Annex, on 25th & Madison.

Built in 1919, the Annex was originally designed to be a 100 story telescopic tower
but after the economic crisis of 1929 the only thing erected was what was previous considered the base.

All in all, this is a complex, geometric wonder of a building and one of my favourites.







And who doesn't love the Brooklyn Bridge.
This is New York to me.

These were taken with my lovely fish-eye lens,
while scouting out a position for tonight's 4th of July fireworks celebration,
under the FDR.




And with my regular lens.


And a closer look at one of the four 90-120ft waterfalls that are now on the East River.
This one installation is under the far upright of the Brooklyn Bridge and will be there until mid-October.



That is all.

x Shivers

3 comments:

sdestefano said...

the photos are as lovely as your tan, honey.
xxxooo

Unknown said...

Love them photos me dearie.
Ahh, sigh, the Brooklyn bridge, the only thing we didn't go and saee in New York. Curse you extra weight!!
Next time..........

Shivers said...

HAHA! Thanks P! I love the Brooklyn Bridge... I used to walk home from 42st over the bridge to Brooklyn, when I lived there most evenings.
Its really wonderful.
Sure won't you get to see it next time you're here?
I can't believe you'll never be here again!

xx Shivers